Although not life-threatening, acne is a horrible skin condition since it ruins the looks of the skin and can be hard to manage. While the acne and pimples are humiliating, they are also alerts from our bodies that things are out of balance.
Therefore take note and after that start taking action. The thrilling news is that you will find some easy ways that you can handle the surface of your skin using ingredients which you most likely have in your kitchen.
But, please understand that these recipes usually are not long-term solutions. They are on-the-spot, meant to be used every once in a while type solutions. In the event you experience breakouts frequently, you will need to invest in something which will deal with the root cause of acne. Otherwise, try out these easy face masks, facial toners and face wash recipes that use real food ingredients.
The recipes below perform well on oily and acne-prone skin by eliminating excessive oils and naturally relaxing skin and offering a well-balanced PH. Have fun playing with these recipes!
Make Your Own Mask – 17 Great Home Recipes
- 1.) Strawberry & Lemon Acne Mask
Strawberries cleanse and tighten the pores while also lightening skin discolorations.
- 1/2 cup strawberries.
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice.
- 1 egg white.
- 1 1/2 tsp honey.
- Blend the all of the ingredients together.
- Smooth over face.
- Let it sit for about 15 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid to warm water.
- 2.) Cranberry Face Mask for Oily & Acne Prone Skin
- 3/4 cup cranberries.
- 1 envelope plain gelatin.
- 4 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- 1/2 cup seedless grapes (red or green).
- 2 tsp oat powder (in the event you can’t find oat powder, put some raw oatmeal in a coffee grinder or blender).
- Blend the cranberries and seedless grapes in a blender.
- Mix in the gelatin, oat powder and lemon juice and blend until it forms a paste. You can modify the consistency by adding a little water when it is too thick or a little extra oat powder if its too thin.
- Put the combination into the refrigerator for an hour so that it will thicken up.
- Take the mix out of the refrigerator and let it sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
- Use the facial mask and let it absorb in for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid to warm water.
- 5.) Banana Mask for Acne and Clean Skin
- Banana, preferably ripe.
- Tbsp honey.
- An orange or a lemon.
- Mash up the banana, then mix in the honey.
- Add a few drops of juice from a lemon or an orange.
- Apply to face for 13-15 minutes before rinsing with a cool washcloth.
- Follow with your regular moisturizer.
Acne Home Remedies – Homemade Acne Masks
- 6.) Aspirin & Lemon Juice Mask for Acne and Clear Skin
- 3-6 aspirin.
- 1 lemon.
- Baking soda.
- Coffee cup, rolling pin or glass cup (to crush the aspirin).
- Warm honey, moisturizer made for the face or natural oil such as olive, almond or coconut.
- Based on the amount of coverage needed, use 3-6 aspirin.
- Crush the aspirin into small pieces by rolling a coffee cup, rolling pin or glass cup over them. Place aspirin in a dish.
- Squeeze in the fresh lemon juice (about 1 tablespoon per 3 aspirin) and allow the aspirin to dissolve into a paste.
- In the event you have dry skin, add a tablespoon or so of warm honey, moisturizer or a bit of oil (olive, almond or coconut works). Stir well.
- In the event you have oily skin, you can skip this part and add a few more drops of lemon instead.
- Apply as a mask or spot treat the pimple or itchy area.
- Allow to dry.
- Remove the mask with a warm, wet washcloth dipped in baking soda.
- 7.) Skin Brightening Turmeric Acne Mask Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- A few drops of honey.
- 2 tablespoons flour (used to thicken the paste).
- For oily skin: 1/4 cup plain yogurt & few drops of lemon juice.
- For dry skin: 2 tablespoons olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil.
Blend the flour and turmeric together.
In the event you have oily skin:
Add fresh lemon juice and stir.
Slowly mix in the yogurt until a creamy paste is created.
Use more or less yogurt to your preference.
In the event you have dry skin:
Add the oil slowly and stir until a paste is created. Add more for additional creaminess.
Apply mask to your face and neck.
Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
Using a warm, wet washcloth which you don’t mind staining (turmeric will stain), rinse off the mask.
- 8.) Green Clay Mask for Acne and Oily Skin
- 1 tbsp green clay.
- 1 tsp apricot kernel oil.
- 3 drops of palmarosa essential oil.
- Combine the palmarosa and apricot oils together.
- Add a few drops of warm water.
- Blend together and add more water if need be to get a good, spreadable paste.
- Apply mask to your face.
- Let dry for 10-12 minutes.
- Rinse off with a warm clean cloth.
9.) Clay Homemade Acne Mask Recipe
- A basic fuller’s earth clay, also called bentonite or green clay.
- 1 tsp honey.
- Water (oily skin), half and half (combination skin) or jojoba oil (dry skin).
- Optional: your favorite essential oil.
- Combine 2 parts liquid to 1 part clay.
- Pick your liquid based on your skin type. In the event you have oily skin, choose water. Combination skin, choose milk or half and half and if you have dry skin, opt for jojoba oil.
- Blend in a bit of honey.
- Add more liquid if clay is too dry.
- Add a few drops of the essential oil – (optional).
- Keep mask on for 12-15 minutes.
- Rinse off with a steaming clean cloth.
- 10.) Strawberry, Honey & Yogurt Face Mask Recipe for Acne
- 4 ounces fresh Strawberries.
- 1 tablespoon Clove Honey.
- 4 ounces Plain Yogurt.
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice.
- 1/4 teaspoon Brewer’s Yeast.
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper or 5 drops of Tabasco Sauce.
- Mix in food processor until smooth.
- Then put in sealed container and refrigerate for future use. You will get at least 7 facials out of this.
- Carefully rub the mix into your skin or use as a spot treatment anywhere on your face or body.
- Then top coat the area by patting more mixture onto your skin.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes and rinse with room temperature water. Use distilled water for optimum results.
- Then gently pat skin dry – Do Not Rub Dry!
- You can do this once or twice every day based on results.
- Use in the morning after a shower or at night right before bed.
Acne Treatment at Home – Best Acne Masks for You
- 11.) Tea Tree Oil Mask – How To Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne?
Tea tree oil, a natural remedy for pimples, has been proven to be quite effective. Tea tree oil can be used in various ways, including in spot treatments, toners and mud masks. Mask treatments help kill off acne-causing bacteria and heal active acne blemishes.
- Mix 3 drops undiluted tea tree oil with 2 tbsp. pure clay mud mask.
- Blend carefully and apply to your skin.
- After the mask dries (about 10 to 15 minutes), rinse well with tepid to warm water.
- 12.) Baking Soda Face Mask for Acne and Clear Skin
Baking soda is very alkaline and helps kill off candida bacteria, which can cause treatment-resistant acne. Baking soda can be used as a tonic, an exfoliant or a mask.
- Blend 1 tsp. baking soda with 2 tbsp. pure clay mud mask.
- Apply to your face.
- Leave the baking soda mask on for a maximum of 7 minutes.
- Rinse off with warm water.
- 13.) Oatmeal Mask For Acne and Healthy Skin
Oatmeal is quite calming and when used on your skin, can help reduce the irritation and inflammation related to acne. Using an oatmeal mask after another acne treatment mask can assist sooth the skin and stop the appearance of irritation caused acne breakouts.
- Mix 1/2 cup ground oatmeal with 1/4 cup warm water.
- Allow the mixture cool.
- Apply to your face.
- After about 12-15 minutes, rinse the oatmeal off with tepid to warm water.
- 14.) Asparagus Acne Recipe
- Place a few asparagus spears and a spoonful of old fashioned oatmeal in a mixer and combine them to a pulp.
- Dab the asparagus and oatmeal facial on your pimples.
- Let it rest about 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
- 15.) Honey Face Mask for Acne and Young Skin
- Apply a scoop of honey to clean skin.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water.
To use honey as a spot treatment on pimples you picked at, put a drop of honey on your finger and softly pat it onto the infected area before going to bed. Cover overnight with a bandage. The honey help keep your skin and the oozing place clean and sterile by fighting off bacteria. And also as a bonus it will increase the healing process.
- 16.) Egg Mask for Acne and Healthy Skin
- Take the egg white and apply it to your face.
- Let it sit 10 to 12 minutes, until the egg white dries.
- Rinse it off.
- 17.) Yogurt for Acne Face Masks Recipe
- Blend a couple of spoonfuls of plain yogurt with enough brewer’s yeast to make a paste.
- Smooth the facial on your face.
- Rinse it with warm water, and then a splash of cool water.
P.S. Share this useful information with your Friends, Relatives and Colleagues
Help Somebody – Share this Knowledge – 17 Amazing Face Masks for Acne
Hit the Buttons Below:
17 Amazing Face Masks for Acne and Clear Skin by Guy Shane