- How Are Acne Scars Formed?
Scars according to the language sense means a mark that is left by the skin after a surgical incision. In such cases the normal functional tissue is replaced by connective tissue. But in case of acne, scars are caused due to the inflammation of the skin when the bacteria, dead cells and the excess sebum is removed from the skin.
Even if the acne disappears, a spot or a patch still remains on the skin. This spot causes discoloration to the skin and gives an unimpressionable look. There are 3 types of acne scars.
When the person attempts to remove acne either by pinching or squeezing it a scar is left behind. Usually when a person has severely developed acne, he or she tries to remove it forcefully.
Hence a spot or a permanent mark still remains on the skin. Usually, a person cannot get rid of his scars easily. Normally, he may require at least 12 months to heal …
Some people develop such severe scars that they cannot heal their scars during the lifetime.
What Are the 3 Main Types of Acne Scars?
If you have suffered the embarrassment and sometimes pain that comes with having acne, then you know just how terrible this condition can be. Still, sometimes acne can be more than just embarrassing. In fact, in cases of really bad acne or when the acne spots cannot heal properly, several different types of acne scars can develop.
Depending on the exact type of acne scarring you have, these scars may end up being with you for the rest of your life and leave your face or body looking pock marked. Some types of acne scars are much worse than others. Additionally, some types of acne scars can be treated with various remedies that will help reduce their appearance or completely eliminate them.
Still, before you can start trying out any of the treatment methods for acne scars, you must first understand exactly what type of acne scars you have, as the treatment methods and their success rate will depend entirely on the exact type of scars and where on your face or body they are located.
Therefore, we have produced this list of the most common types of acne scars to help you identify your scars. Once you have identified your exact type of acne scars, then you can search for more detailed information on the types of treatments that work best for your scarring.
1. Pitted Acne Scars – (also known as depressed acne scars)
Depressed or pitted acne scars are by far the most common type of acne scar, and almost anyone who has experienced severe or long term acne will have at least some of these scars, although the amount and severity of the scarring will vary from person to person. When looking at pitted scarring, there are actually three different types of acne scars that fall into this category and they are named and categorized by their shape and appearance.
- The first type is known as boxcar scars. Boxcar scars are very round or oval depressions in the skin, and they typically have quite steep edges and a more defined shape. Boxcar scars are typically caused by a severe, inflammatory acne breakout which will destroy the collagen in the scarred area. Once the collagen is destroyed, the remaining skin has nothing to support it which causes the depression or pitting.
- The second type of pitted scar is known as ice pick scarring. Ice pick acne scars are typically much smaller in diameter than boxcar scars, but they are usually deeper as well. They are typically very narrow, deep scars that penetrate much further into the skin and resemble a hole in the skin. These scars are almost always formed when a deeply infected acne spot or cyst pushes its way out to the surface of the skin, destroying the skin in the area and leaving a deep hole-like scar.
- The last type of pitted scar is called a rolling or wave scar, and is almost always the result of long term, severe acne (usually it takes several years of bad breakouts to cause this type of scarring). With rolling acne scars, the skin actually takes on a wave-like or rolling appearance, due to fibrous scar tissue forming between the layers of skin, resulting in the skin being uneven (i.e. raised in some spots and lowered in others).
2. Raised Acne Scars
Again, there are actually several different types of acne scars you could suffer that fit into this category, although it is quite hard for anyone but a trained medical professional to distinguish between the two. The two types of raised acne scars are known as 1.) Keloid Scars … and 2.) Hypertrophic Scars.
Raised acne scars form in areas which have had very infected breakouts or quite deep acne spots. Unlike depressed acne scars, raised acne scars are actually caused by too much collagen build-up in the affected area, which results in large, rubbery, dense scar tissue forming around where the acne spot was. This build-up of scar tissue is what causes these scars to appear raised. However, with these raised acne scars, the scar tissue that forms is normally much larger than the infected acne spot was, often taking up 2 to 3 times the area that the spot did – https://www.howtogetridofacnescar.com
Both hypertrophic and keloid scarring are most commonly found not on the face, but on the torso (mainly chest and back), especially in men. Still, some people also form raised acne scars on their face as well. Due to the nature of scar tissue, these types of acne scars are much harder to treat than most of the others, and it make take a year for them to ever start to dissipate.
3. Discolored Acne Scars
Discoloration or changes in skin pigment is one of the most common types of scarring that can result from acne. However, in this case, it is actually not scarring at all, but instead something known as post inflammatory hyper pigmentation or hypo pigmentation.
Hyper pigmentation is when the skin around the spot begins to darken because of an over production of pigment. On the contrary, hypo pigmentation is when the skin loses its pigment around the infected area, and is normally only seen in people with darker skin. Finally, there is also a condition known as erythema, which is when the capillaries near the surface of the skin become damaged due to the acne, causing permanent reddening of the area.
The good thing about both hypo and hyper pigmentation is that these conditions are easily treatable and will usually begin to fade over time. While these spots might appear after the infection goes away, this discoloration will typically dissipate within a few years. Still, there are many acne scar treatment options available to help them fade even quicker.
What is the Best Natural Acne Scar Treatment for You?
Yet, mild acne scars can be treated. The natural herbs or extracts are used to heal the acne scars as they yield very quick results. Possibly try to use natural extracts to treat acne scars:
- Sandalwood is the most effective medicine as proved by most of the medical experts. Mix the paste of sandalwood into the rosewater and apply it to the scars. Let it remain on the skin for the whole night and rinse your face with water in the morning.
- Use ice cubes and gently rub it on your face. The pores that are wide open close or tighten.
- Take a tomato slice and rub it on your skin to the affected areas.
- You can also use cucumber juice to make the skin texture smoother.
- The two ingredients that have powerful healing effect are Sage and Aloe Vera. You can apply Aloe Vera directly to the skin and dip the Sage into the hot water and let the water cool. Then you can apply Sage to the skin.
- If you want to clear all the spots present in the skin then use Apple cider vinegar. Do not use toners but use only this ingredient.
Acne Scars of course look ugly and if they are reduced to larger extent also, the face appearance becomes much better. There are many medications available today even for the people who are suffering from severe acne scars. You consult your dermatologist to know the severity of the acne and the kind of treatment that should be availed.
The treatment of mild acne scars can be very easy. Mild bleaching creams can be used to treat mild acne. If these creams are not producing any effect, the doctor will prescribe even stronger acne creams. If you are using mild acne creams, then you can notice the effect within 6 months. But yet, you are not noticing any dramatic effect, then start using stronger creams. If these creams are not working out, then the doctor will recommend you to use retinoid creams.
Good Home Remedies for Scars
There are many types of natural remedies for acne scars. You can experiment them at home only even without paying any amount to the doctor.
- Drink plenty of water daily and wash your face at least 2 to 3 times a day. Water removes all the dead cells present in the skin and renews new skin. Since ages, acne scars are healed due to water.
- Instead of eating junk food or fast food everyday consume a lot of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Lemon contains a substance known as citric acid and it is a part of AHAs group. It is a very effective form of treatment. The dead cells present in the skin are shed off very quickly and new cells appear in place of those cells. If you apply lemon juice to the skin, your skin also becomes elastic and soft.
- Protein is a very essential requirement to the body. The skin cells are rebuilt in the body with the help of protein content. If you consume food that is rich in proteins then, your body can easily fight against the impurities that enter the body. Some of the foods that are rich in proteins are fish, chicken, tofu, cereals, pulses and green vegetables.
- Use cosmetic products that contains roseship seed oil because it helps in preventing acne scarring, facial scarring, surgical scarring, burn marks etc. Roseship seed oil is available in the form of oil also and it should be massaged at least two times in a day to prevent acne scars.
- Lavender oil produces a gentle effect to the skin as it contains regenerative characteristics.
- In India a famous ingredient is available and it is Multani Mitti powder. Make the paste of this powder and mix it with garlic, honey and carrot juice and apply it on acne scars and wait for nearly twenty minutes. If you repeat the procedure for a number of times, you will reduce acne scars.
Is it Possible to Get Rid of Acne Scars Completely?
Whenever you believe you’ve won the fight with acne, you realize that was just half the fight. Almost anybody which has ever had to battle with acne knows all about the struggle with the ugly unwanted effect that usually follows – acne scars. Acne scars are a major problem for anybody.
Because acne is really a kind of eruption that happens on the skin, it is generally inflammatory in nature and chances are that it could leave acne scars on the skin. One factor why you can get acne scars is simply because the scar is a result of the skin’s personal natural healing procedure.
There are actually all sorts of scarring for instance:
1.) Ice Pick Scars – can be viewed as deep pitted scarring
2.) Hypertrophic Scars – heavy scarring
3.) Box Scars – these are typically deeper angular light scars
4.) Rolling Scars – solid scars which are wave like.
The following described scars could be permanent if not cured fast. Acne scarring can result in damage to your epidermis especially if the scarring is targeted on the face. This may lead to irregular skin tone, resulted in lowered self confidence. In case you are wondering whether you can get rid of acne scars, without a doubt you can. It’s possible and it can be achieved successfully.
There are lots of cures and therapies you can utilize for acne scar removal. Scarring damage is common after any pimple or acne breakout. The skin we have is wonderful in a way since its used to injury and activly works to fix itself when the damage to the skin has happened.
When you have a balanced immune system, you’ll discover that acne scarring will heal at a much quicker rate. Therefore it truly does rely on people immune system to be in a position to correct the scars on a progressive basis. Using the assist of external treatments you are able to reduce scarring at a faster rate. Continue reading to discover a lot more on how to get rid of acne marks right away.
- Laser Therapy and Dermabrasion
One of the greatest and fastest techniques to fade acne scars is via laser removal. Although this technique is extremely effective for getting rid of scarring, there are unwanted side effects related with it. Particularly for all those with darker skin, it is consequently recommended much more for lighter skinned people.
Cosmetic laser scar removal treatment is one of the most costly remedies available because it does need more than 1 laser treatment session in order to see results. Dermabrasion can also be an additional technique that should be used in skin treatment, this type of scar removal treatment utilizes electric equipment in order to scars of the epidermis.
- Scar Removal Creams
The first and primary remedy for scarring would be to use creams as this could perform extremely successfully for many people. You will find a number of acne scar removal creams which you are able to use in order to eliminate and fade scarring. If you happen to have severe acne scarring, it is crucial that you talk first with a dermatologist because you might have to use another technique in an effort to eliminate scarring than what is available in any lotion, skin gels or serum.
Most of the available lotions and creams have vitamin G3 – niacin, which has a therapeutic impact onto the skin. You will find no unwanted side effects with most acne scar removal creams or lotions because they decrease the skin’s dryness and relieve your skin. Fade lotions that include niacin also assist with anti-aging.
- Collagen Injections
Some other scar therapy that functions includes collagen injections, which are usually injected straight in to the skin. Collagen is really a naturally sourced protein within the body that is responsible for the generation of ligament inside the body. When collagen proteins are used into the physique, this additional collagen is what functions to reduce the acne scars.
This process is gradual and patients need to return for more collagen injections more than once, because it requires more than 1 therapy to see results. Because it could be very expensive, it is minimally used as a normal cosmetic therapy.
- Natural Remedies
Additionally you can remove acne scars naturally and successfully. You will find no completely 100% solid methods you can eliminate scarring naturally, other than performing so by adopting good habits.
Make sure that you maintain your skin correctly hydrated. Also keep your skin wholesome and in top shape by consuming foods rich in vitamins like C and B3. Consuming meals full of zinc may also assist your overall skin’s healing because zinc does help to fix the damaged skin as well as it does prevent acne.
Preventing pimples, whiteheads, blackheads and so on is important. In the end they are the primary cause of the acne scars you’ll have to deal with in the future. Steer clear of foods rich in saturated oil, foods which have high cholesterol levels. Steer clear of drinks rich in refined sugars, caffeine or alcohol.
This really is also just as important because this kind of foods and beverages do contribute a great deal to the toxin debris inside your body, leading to an unclean system that is the mainly prone to acne.
Many people confuse macules with scars. Macules remain on the skin after the treatment of severe acne. Macules usually remain for 8 to 10 months and scars may remain permanently. Macules disappear completely usually after a period of eight to ten months. Most of the people undergo skin remodeling to completely get rid of acne scars.