- Save Money and Cure Your Acne Very Fast and Easy - Use these Exclusive Exposed Skin Care Coupon Codes >> Click Here Now
Lots of pregnant women are frustrated by a unexpected flare-up of acne breakouts, even when the skin has been pretty clear for years. Some ladies discover they are creating acne for the first time since becoming pregnant.
Acne is common during pregnancy. Actually, more than 1 out of every 2 pregnant women can expect to develop acne. In some cases, the acne may be very serious and will need a good pregnancy acne treatment.
Acne and pregnancy. Handling acne when you are pregnant can be difficult. That is because many medication and over-the-counter treatments include a high danger of birth defects. Ingredients like benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, and glycolic acid have already been connected to birth defects in published studies. Most over-the-counter acne brands include these components.
You should stay away from any medication you do not absolutely need when you are pregnant that has even a remote chance of harming your baby.
Can Pregnancy Cause Acne? What Causes It?
Yes, pregnancy can cause acne. There are 6 Causes of pregnancy acne. See them below:
- 1.) Hormonal Imbalances and Acne During Pregnancy
The main cause of acne when you are pregnant is the increased hormonal levels within the first trimester. Similar to most unwanted side effects during pregnancy, acne or pimples is a result of increased hormone production inside your pregnant body.
In this instance, they trigger oil glands in your skin to enlarge and increase the creation of sebum. Along with dead skin cells, your pores become blocked and offer a neat tiny party pad for bacteria. Acne can differ in severity for each woman and may just be an early pregnancy thing, or may remain throughout your pregnancy.
Acne during pregnancy is quite unpredictable. Some ladies who have struggled acne before becoming pregnant may discover that their acne boosts, and other women who have never had acne discover that they have the most difficulties. Therefore it all comes down to looking after yourself in the event you happen to get it.
- 2.) Dietary Changes Can Cause Breakouts
During pregnancy, it is really frequent among women to experience sudden hunger pangs. This causes them to eat foods which are oily and greasy, and tasty to their taste buds.
This unhealthy diet habit may have an effect on their skin triggering acne breakouts as well as other consequences such as things that may have an effect on baby’s health and increased levels of cholesterol.
- 3.) Genetic Characteristic
Genetic predisposition is one crucial factor which causes acne in pregnancy. Because the genes carry information from parents to kids, a pregnant lady may get affected with acne if her parents had it. In case a woman is affected with acne before pregnancy, then the condition may be worsened in the course of pregnancy.
- 4.) Fluid Retention and Pregnancy Acne
Fluid retention is an additional cause of acne breakouts in pregnant woman. The boosted levels of hormone inside the body tends to make it to hold much more fluid than normal. Retention of body fluid plays a role in acne breakouts because it may contain toxins in them.
- 5.) Medications
Pregnancy medicines can occasionally result in negative effects on the skin, causing acne breakouts. These acne breakouts can be a lot more painful and itchy.
- 6.) Stress
Pregnant ladies are usually under stress, and this may have an effect on the skin condition leading to acne breakouts.
What is the Best Skin Care while Pregnant?
Question and Answer
Q: Pregnancy Acne Is Driving Me Crazy. What Can I Do?
I am 11 weeks pregnant and having the worst time with acne. It is affecting my relationship with my husband. I really feel like I look so terrible, I want to stay away from him and everyone else. My medical doctor told me not to use over-the-counter medicines. What can I do?
A: Whatever you do, don’t try Proactiv or Accutane! The long term effects of Proactiv and Accutane will have a lot more damaging effect on your skin than the symptoms you are experiencing now. Acne during pregnancy is hormonal, which is good news, simply because when the hormones are regulated, this generally means that your skin will normalize.
In the mean time however, there are other methods to treating skin diseases like acne, other than topically. Changing your diet will assist tremendously. Foods that include antioxidants help fight off free radicals which causes diseases like acne. Foods like olives, dark green veggies, salmon, berries, cantaloupe, strawberries, and xtra virgin olive oil all include effective antioxidants. Not only will your skin start to look much better, but this kind of diet will also be helpful for your baby!
How to Get Rid of Pregnancy Acne Naturally?
What to Do for Pregnancy Acne? What Preventive Steps You Can Take?
Your very best offense is actually a good defense. Stop flare-ups and acne scars by taking good care of your skin during pregnancy. Clean your face gently using a mild, soap-free cleanser 2 times per day, once in the morning and once at night. Ensure to wash and rinse completely, especially around your hairline and jaw, where pores have a tendency to get clogged.
Wash your hair regularly, especially if it is oily. But do not overwash or get overaggressive with scrubs, not only because you most likely have extra sensitive skin during pregnancy, but simply because overstripping it makes it much more prone to acne breakouts. Actually, using an oil-free moisturizer can really help decrease the irritation that can result in breakouts. One additional step to take – Keep your pillowcases, your towels, and any hats you wear routinely clean as well.
7 Smart Methods for Treating Acne During Pregnancy
- Consume wise. Speaking of diet, removing sugar and refined grains can do wonders for your skin. Also, unhealthy fats can worsen your acne, so replace these eats with skin boosting healthy fats such as walnuts, avocado, salmon, and almonds. More skin friendly foods: colorful fresh fruits and vegetables and, believe it or not, small amounts of dark chocolate.
- Boost your dietary consumption of vitamin A, which helps keep your skin healthy, through foods like carrots, eggs, milk and fish. Avoid extra vitamin A supplements given that too much A has been shown to result in birth defects, and concentrate instead on getting ample A through your diet.
- Read before you buy. Look for skin care, makeup, and also hair care products which are oil-free and are labeled noncomedogenic. They are created not to cause acne. Oil-free moisturizers and makeup are a good idea also.
- Be sun savvy. Many medicines used to treat acne can make you a lot more prone to sunburn. And while the sun may help dry out your acne lesions, that help does not come without a price. A lot of sun not just increases your risk of skin cancer and causes early aging of your skin, it can also bring on other blotches during pregnancy. Anytime you are going to be outside, use sunscreen.
- Exercise regularly. Not only will this boost your circulation and clear up your acne, but it also will be especially helpful when the time comes for birth.
- If you do get pimples, don’t be tempted to scrub them away. It will not work and you will finish removing your skin of its organic moisture, which will cause your oil glands to go into overdrive trying to replenish what you have taken away. And never squeeze or pick at pimples as tempted as you might be. As your mother always warned you, these tactics will only make pimples last longer and can result in ugly acne scars.
- One of the most important and most natural remedies for acne during pregnancy is always to keep your skin clean. Right after you clean your skin, rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water to get rid of any soap residue that might be left over.
12 Good Remedies
With hormones raging your skin at times can look just like a battleground. I see so many ladies who usually have flawless skin suffer from hormonal breakouts on their face, chest, and back. Try these pimple zapper recipes below.
12 Pregnancy Acne Treatments
The very first is a mixture of 1 tbsp. baking soda and water.
- Mix the two to form a thick paste.
- Now get a clean cloth moistened with water.
- Pour mixture over it, and rub the acne affected areas gently in a circular motion.
- Give an interval of 5 minutes, then rinse with tepid to warm water.
- This approach is a technique of natural skin exfoliation, which can be used as a helpful treatment for acne during pregnancy.
When we speak about remedies for acne during pregnancy, can not afford to drop the natural aloe vera. This plant is an antibacterial in nature. Get species of Aloe barbadensis aloe vera plant and open the sheet to show the gel. Apply straight to your skin, but stay away from the eyes.
Mixture of lemon juice and rose is also among the popular home remedies for acne during pregnancy. Lemon is a natural antibacterial agent, while the rose water is actually a tonic for your skin. Furthermore, presence of rose water quality helps decrease acid lemon juice. Blend these 2 in equal portions and use straight to your skin. Wait 15 to 30 minutes before rinsing.
The search for this segment of the natural acne remedies during pregnancy, is the tea tree oil. It is a organic anti-bacterial and help eliminate the bacteria that trigger acne. Make a remedy of the two: 2 parts oil and 1 part water. Soak a cotton ball in the remedy and gently wipe the buttons and let the skin absorb the oil and do your job. The use of tea tree oil for acne has benefited many pregnant women.
- Put a packet of yeast into a bowl and add water one drop at a time. Approximately one teaspoon of water.
- Mix well right after each drop until the mixture turns to a medium paste. Add a drop or two of lemon juice and mix.
- Dab the paste on your breakouts. Make sure you give it time to dry prior to hiding under the covers.
- The yeast will help draw out the impurities and dry out the pimple. The lemon juice will work to help lighten any marks from the pimple as well.
Yet another natural exfoliant and popular pregnancy acne remedy is oatmeal. This material absorbs the extra fat and helps get rid of dead skin cells. So cook a tiny portion of oatmeal, and add the honey when it is created. Drops to room temperature and applied to the affected skin of acne. Allow the mixture to dry for no more than 20 minutes, then rinse with tepid to warm water.
The use of honey is also included in the list of pregnancy acne remedies. Apply straight to the affected area and let it soak in to the skin. The anti-bacterial properties of the material to be used for decreasing breakouts. Repeat this 2 times per day.
Make a mask from the pulp of a ripe tomato or create a paste from a peeled cucumber. Apply to your face and relax for 20 minutes, then rinse off.
Over a pregnancy successful acne remedy is a mixture of sandalwood powder and rose water.
- Get a teaspoon of sandalwood powder and mixed with rose water (2-3 drops).
- Right after the dough is created, massaging acne affected areas and let dry for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid to warm water and dry.
Use a clay mask once per week in case your skin is oily. Clay is a natural solution that absorbs oil and draws it from your pores. Leave the mask on for 30 minutes, then rinse well. Follow with an oil-free moisturizer.
Apply tea tree oil or aloe vera juice to your pimples, using a cotton swab. Both of these herbal remedies will assist clear up your skin. A blend of equal parts of lemon juice and rose water is also helpful.
Just before bed, apply cucumber juice or paste to your skin. After waiting 10 to 15 minutes, rinse and dry your skin.
Many different natural remedies for acne are available which are safe for use during pregnancy. Although the majority of these treatments have not been clinically verified to help, some evidence suggests that they may be at least a little bit beneficial.
What is the Best Acne Treatment for Pregnant Women?